Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Whether this graphic is possible in QlikView? If possible then using which chart?

Hi

I just wanted to know whether this kind of graphic(attached) is possible in qv9 or qv10. I heard that could be possible with the help of "Mekko Chart" which is available only in qv10 not in anyother previous version.

If this above said graphic is possible then please let me know using which chart and which version of qlikview we can do that.

It is little urgent for me so please help me out on this.

49 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Iassen

I am sorry that is not the one I was looking for. I think I have confused you alot.

For better understanding Please look into the attachment. That will give clear idea on what we need. If anything is not understandable please let me know.

I am sorry again to confuse you!

Not applicable
Author

No, I'm sorry, I didn't get you...but I have shown you both, how to do the length of your bars and how to use the color properties of your expressions in order to color the bars, so you shouldn't have a problem using them and putting any kind of formula to predetermine your bar sizes/colors. The next thing is to give me a real sample of your data and the real mock-up (done by hand), otherwise we're going in circles.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Attitude,

Kindly refer this attached Application.

In this application using "Bar Offset" option.

Regards,

Sampath Kumar .G

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sampath

I have already seen that application before but I couldn't make it work as per my requirement. Could you please work on with the sample data that I have given! Please do it only if you have free time...

Not applicable
Author

Hi Iassen

I am sorry as it is not understandable to you again! I too don't have the real time data with me. I have just got the screen shot as a requirement for me to develop :-). So I have included the data on my own.

As requested I have added the StartDate,EndDate(Length of the bar depends on this) and Type(Color of the bar depends on this). Right now in the current chart length is dependent on only the date but I need is it should be dependent on the from and to date. Also in the current chart color is dependent on the status but what I need is it should be dependent on the Type which I have added recently.

Hope it is understandable now. I too dont have the real time data thats why there are lots of confusion.

Not applicable
Author

So you will not have a record for each date, but rather one record with start and end date. Well, then you will have to generate all dates in between in a calendar table and use that to color the cells based on the start and end date. I can probably produce a sample for you, but I don't know when, due to some busy schedule.

Not applicable
Author

...there you go.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Iassen

Thanks again for your effort! But unfortunately it is not working as expected. In the attached file you can see clearly that StartDate value and the color which where it starts is not matching.

Also in couple of rows color has started from two different places that I have sorted it out by sorting the Date in Ascending order. But not able to find it out how to solve the issue that is discussed above.

If you know the solution try to let me know as it is little urgent

Not applicable
Author

It's not, because I had an error in the loading script...ooops. 🙂 Check it now?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks alot for your support...

Yes just now I have found that error in the script and I have changed it... Now I have to do the required changes in the sample application which I have given it to you and see whether it works or not...