Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brunolelli87
Creator II
Creator II

Why QlikView can not sum my field?

Dears,

Why the system is returning 0 for my sum of column ValorAberturaAção? What's going on? 

Please, check the picture attached...

I have also tried to change it on LOAD, and now it's returning "dash" -, 
Check the attached picture

3 Replies
javiersassen
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

I think the issue is that you mix up the decimal separator and thousands separator. Have a closer look at that

brunolelli87
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello, 

Thanks for your quick response.

The project I'm working with connects multiple web DataBase from different countries, (EUA and Brazil), and they have different definitions of thousand and decimal separators...

But, I've tried to invert it, and It's still not working, check the new attached picture I provided...

Thanks for your attention,

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

If I am not mistaken the issue is the field values are coming in as Text, not Num, so in the load script, I would use the Num() on that field to ensure they come in as numbers, as you cannot sum text.  The left justification was the give away that told me it was coming in incorrectly as numbers right justify by default.  Best I can offer given information provided.  Apologies if I have misunderstood something.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.