Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vikasmahajan

Windows Task schedular steps

Dear All

I have scheduled batch file in windows schedular it is showing job started but  batch file is not getting

executed ???

Any Idea how to achive the same.

Thanks in advance

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Hi Vikas,

Its possible to reload qvw files  through batch files.The batch files then schedule as per requirement (like run every 2 hrs etc)

But can you tell me how you are sending reports to users?Because,If you are sending it as a PDF  through publisher  then you have to set the task & needs to trigger it accordingly through QMC

-Regards

Kiran

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Vikas,

Is you select the option "Run whether user is logged on or not" under the General Tab?

If yes, then change this to "Run Only when user is logged on".

-Regards,

Kiran

vikasmahajan
Author

Thanks Kiran

But using this option whether user should logged in ? then only this schedular will work ?

Bye

Vikas

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
Not applicable

Hi Vikas,

Yes.User should logged in to run the task else it will not run.

-Regards,

Kiran

vikasmahajan
Author

I want to schedule like QMC irrespective of user whether login or not  schedular should run task for particular interval  i.e. every 2 hr's  it should run and send report to users.

Any Idea how to achive the same in windows schedular ?

Thanks

Vikas

Not applicable

Hi Vikas,

Its possible to reload qvw files  through batch files.The batch files then schedule as per requirement (like run every 2 hrs etc)

But can you tell me how you are sending reports to users?Because,If you are sending it as a PDF  through publisher  then you have to set the task & needs to trigger it accordingly through QMC

-Regards

Kiran

vikasmahajan
Author

Dear Kiran,

I have created macro to generate HTML file and same is running through macro batch fileand and schedule through windows schedular now IT IS Working!!!!!!!!!! 

Thanks

Vikas