Skip to main content

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
QlikWorld 2023, a live, in-person thrill ride. Save $300 before February 6: REGISTER NOW!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Year filtering to limit dimension

Please I need assistance with an expression for a business requirement on how to do a date selection to only show minimum and maximum date for a dimension in a Pivot Table

dimension Name  within a cyclic group is  [Length of Membership]

Length of membership is described as Date a customer became a member till current date

There are period ranges that was created in the SQL side utilizing CTE

ranges are

<1 Month

2 months

3 Months

4 Months

5 Months

6 Months

7-9 Months

10-12 Months

13-24 Months

>24

I need to be able to select a Year and it filters from that year till current Year. The issue am having is that when I select say Year 2015, I will get results in the Greater than >24 Months category which is incorrect since from January 2015 till March 2016 is less than 24 months

This is what I have so far count({<Year={">=$((Min(OrderDateSK))))<=$((Max(OrderDateSK))"}>} LengthOfMembership)

Capture.PNG

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Maybe this works: count({<Year={">=$(=Min(OrderDateSK))<=$(=Today())"}>}LengthOfMembership). If not, please post a small qlikview document that illustrates the problem.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Date selection.qvw

<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B54ItxbqIZdTVE1PQy1wVVgyZEE/view?usp=drive_web>

​Hello Gysbert

Thanks for your response to my question. much appreciation. The expression

didn't work so I am attaching a QVW file per your request.

Thanks

Jay

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 9:49 AM, Gysbert Wassenaar <qcwebmaster@qlikview.com>

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Can you attach the qvw file to this discussion instead of posting a link to unknown territories?

Not applicable
Author

Hello

The requirement is to select a year and the result should filter from that year till current. selecting for instance 2015 should filter every customer from 2015 till current which should be between 13-14 months category. But the issue is that any year selected seems to have data in the 24 months category.

see attached

Thanks

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Ok, I didn't specify any size when I asked for small. So, can you post something that's not larger than 5 MB? Around 1 MB would be even better.