Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

alternative to peek function?

Hello community,

I have a bunch of files saved in a directory. I load them into a QV table - one by one - using For Each Next script

The QV table looks like the sheet called fac in the attached file. I would like the QV table to look like end result sheet in the attached file.

As you can see, the value in the field Codes is repeated for all imported codes, where Asset value = 'Yes' (eg Code 1, Code 3 and Code 4)

I was thinking to use the peek function as suggested in this post<http://community.qlik.com/message/429985#429985>, however it is not working for me?

Could you please advise. Thank yof or reading and happy to give you more information if necessary.

Regards, Andrea

*********************************************************************************

Severn Trent Plc (registered number 2366619) and Severn Trent Water Limited

(registered number 2366686) (together the "Companies") are both limited companies

registered in England & Wales with their registered office at Severn Trent Centre,

2 St John's Street, Coventry, CV1 2LZ

This email (which includes any files attached to it) is not contractually binding on its

own, is intended solely for the named recipient and may contain CONFIDENTIAL,

legally privileged or trade secret information protected by law. If you have received

this message in error please delete it and notify us immediately by telephoning

+44 2477715000. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose,

distribute, reproduce, retransmit, retain or rely on any information contained in this

email. Please note the Companies reserve the right to monitor email communications

in accordance with applicable law and regulations.

To the extent permitted by law, neither the Companies or any of their subsidiaries,

nor any employee, director or officer thereof, accepts any liability whatsoever in

relation to this email including liability arising from any external breach of security or

confidentiality or for virus infection or for statements made by the sender as these

are not necessarily made on behalf of the Companies.

Reduce waste! Please consider the environment before printing this email.

3 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

How about a simple keyless join? Assuming your current table is named Data, then:

JOIN (Data) LOAD DISTINCT

Code as MyCode1

RESIDENT Data

Where Asset='Yes'

;

Regards,

Vlad

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Andrea, as a friendly reminder, please mark all correct answers when on the QlikCommunity forums.

Best regards,

Vlad

Not applicable
Author

Vlad, thank you and apologies for late reply.

I have used your script and edit it a little. I join ID olumn instead to get the end result as shown in the attahement.

Regards, Andrea