Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rcorcoran
Creator
Creator

calculation not working with hidden column or with symbol atted

Hi

I am using this expression in a pivot table to show a value.  I have the '<' in as I need the target to show as <5% etc.  This will show fine in the column I am using this expression in but I am also using the column to calculate a variance and it will not work because of this '<'

Expression in my Target YTD Column that i use for variance calculation below also:

if(ReferredYYYY=2016,'<' & num(avg({$<TargetCode={'PC31'},TargetReferredYYYY={2016}, TargetReferredMM={"<=$(=vCurrentMonth)"}>}[Target])/100,'##0%'),

Variance Calculation on columns:

([Reported

Activity YTD] - [Target  YTD  Calc])/[Target  YTD  Calc],

I have tried to put it in another column without the '<' and hide this column but when I hide the column the expression in the variance will not work.

Any Help would be appreciated

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be use a dual function for the column:

If(ReferredYYYY=2016,

Dual('<' & Num(Avg({$<TargetCode={'PC31'},TargetReferredYYYY={2016}, TargetReferredMM={"<=$(=vCurrentMonth)"}>}[Target])/100,'##0%'),

Avg({$<TargetCode={'PC31'},TargetReferredYYYY={2016}, TargetReferredMM={"<=$(=vCurrentMonth)"}>}[Target])/100))

View solution in original post

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be use a dual function for the column:

If(ReferredYYYY=2016,

Dual('<' & Num(Avg({$<TargetCode={'PC31'},TargetReferredYYYY={2016}, TargetReferredMM={"<=$(=vCurrentMonth)"}>}[Target])/100,'##0%'),

Avg({$<TargetCode={'PC31'},TargetReferredYYYY={2016}, TargetReferredMM={"<=$(=vCurrentMonth)"}>}[Target])/100))

rcorcoran
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you so much Sunny this works fine

Rhona