Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

can expression's results change in time???

Hi community,

in my document I'm using expressions with various levels of aggregation. These expressions depend on a field of IDs and I'm facing this kind of situation:

if I select the ID=3, the expression return 100, then I choose ID=2 and the result is 0, then I select again ID=3 and the result becomes 0!!!

In the expression there's no changing of variables which could cause such a difference... The aggregations are complex and I think they could be the cause of this event...

I try attach you one...

Thanks to everyone's going to look at that...

Bye

IB

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I've found out it was a problem concerning RAM usage. The expressions used where many and complex so Qlik seemed to stop at a certain high level of RAM usage and return a partial result.

The only way to resolve this problem is, in general, to have a look at the expressions in order to simplify them or memorize the expressions in variables if repeated.

IB

View solution in original post

2 Replies
parthiband
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Irene,

It will be better if u attach a sample file with few/dummy data.

So that we can be able understand the objective and validate the data.

Thanks,

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I've found out it was a problem concerning RAM usage. The expressions used where many and complex so Qlik seemed to stop at a certain high level of RAM usage and return a partial result.

The only way to resolve this problem is, in general, to have a look at the expressions in order to simplify them or memorize the expressions in variables if repeated.

IB