Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

can we make edit the binary load data model?

Hi,

I have uploaded the qvw file via binary load, and I got the data model which I built in previous document into the current document as well. is it possible if I want to make change the data which I got through binary load(cloned data) data model. for example if i want to remove any table or field etc.,

Thanks

Chandu.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Is attached an example that I've created.

I loaded inside "teste (2).qvw" using binary load the data model from "teste (1).qvw".

So, in "teste (2).qvw" I did some work with the tables that I've loaded, like renaming table, dropping table, dropping field and so on.

Regards,

Gabriel

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, I believe it's possible. Since you have all you data model loaded on your application, you can do any drop table or fields on that tables, or even a load resident on it.

Regards,

Gabriel

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Yes you can . For example , the following will remove 1 table named 'REGION' from the previously binary loaded data model for the current QVW.

binary .\3D.qvw;

drop table REGION;

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Gabriel and Jonathan for your reply,

If you don't mind, can you share with me.

Actually we can't see the script. I am able to view the data model only(Ctrl+T) in table viewer. if i want to remove any table or field. how can we change the data.

please share with me.

Thanks

chandu

mjayachandran
Creator II
Creator II

Its depends on the type of changes you want to make on your binary loaded document.

You can delete tables and fields. But you may not be able to see how a field is derived in some table of your binary loaded document.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

if you want to drop a field you can simply use drop field xy from table.

If you want to manipulate the data resident load the tables which were previously loaded.

Best regards

Stefan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Is attached an example that I've created.

I loaded inside "teste (2).qvw" using binary load the data model from "teste (1).qvw".

So, in "teste (2).qvw" I did some work with the tables that I've loaded, like renaming table, dropping table, dropping field and so on.

Regards,

Gabriel

Not applicable
Author

thanks a lot guys.

I got it now.

Thanks

chandu