Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

connection string and Auto Reload QMC

Hello, I have run into a problem with auto reloading via the QMC, I have found a work around to fix it, but I would rather know if there is a way to skip the work around.

The problem is when the QMC tries to do the auto reload, it can not connect to the db because it does not recognize the password (xpassword at the end of the connection string) so my work around was to just insert ;password=*****; into the connection string after the User ID=****;

Right now changing the connection string isn't a big deal because it is only a developer and I who is also a developer making dashboards. Eventually there are plans to include others in the process of making dashboards that won't understand the connection string enough to make the change. So what I really want is to be able to use the qlikview "connection wizard" and not have to make a manual change to the connection string that is generated.

Has anyone else run into this problem before? And if you have were you able to find away other than manually changing the connection string?

Thank you

0 Replies