Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

connection to Oracle

Hello got a QVW that is connecting to Oracle database to get data of some tables

the oracle server is 11g (version)

we are using ODBC to connect to database however the following is happening:

QlikView script starts; it needs 1 minute to display Connected

then it starts reading the first table and it takes 1 minute to read 10,900 records then another 1 minute to read the second 10,900 record and so on

the table is huge but what shall I check to make it read the whole table in less time; knowing that after 13 hours the script fails and gives ODBC connection failed

is it a problem in Qlik? I don't think so but what shall I look into?

please advise

I can walk on water when it freezes
2 Replies
buzzy996
Master II
Master II

we can set comparison as High in document properties,that helps to save some space..but as per my knowledge there is no property to quickly load data from oracle as a source.

u have to try to load ur data one by one table and see which table is taking more and creating the problem.

make sure all ur tables are getting from same source by using same ODBC connection, else u have to create different ODBC connections in same qvw accordingly ur source tables.

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

yes I tried to load only one table and the response is very slow as described above

I can walk on water when it freezes