Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arulsettu
Master III
Master III

convert values positive to negative and negative to positive

Hi,

i am having a pivot table  with positive and negative values. i want to convert the values negative to positive and positve to negative.

one of community friend said mupliply by -1. but the problem is i am having multiple if conditions so i am unable to write the condition

anyone please can guide me how to do it

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You have an expression now. But parenthesis around the entire expression and put a - in front of it. If your expression starts with an = character then put that outside the parentheses, i.e. = -( ...complicated_expression_here ...) instead of -=( ...complicated_expression_here ...) or -(= ...complicated_expression_here ...). The last two are wrong.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You have an expression now. But parenthesis around the entire expression and put a - in front of it. If your expression starts with an = character then put that outside the parentheses, i.e. = -( ...complicated_expression_here ...) instead of -=( ...complicated_expression_here ...) or -(= ...complicated_expression_here ...). The last two are wrong.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
arulsettu
Master III
Master III
Author

Thank you very much