Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikhans
Creator
Creator

create time chart

Hi,

I use the timechart wizard for creating comparisons in time. Using "today()' as Basedate Expression I am not flexible in selecting the periods/years that I would like to compare. So for example Using "today()" allows me to compare yr2016 to yr2015, but it does not allow me to select 2015 in order to compare to 2014. Who could help me to build in flexibility in time selections?

I have added a rudimentary qvw file

All input is appreciated

bstrgrds

Hans

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try these expressions:

1) Sum({<[Posting Date] = {"$(='>=' & Date(YearStart(Max([Posting Date]), -1)) & '<=' & Date(AddYears(Max([Posting Date]), -1)))"}, Periode, Year>} Mutatie)

2) Sum({<[Posting Date] = {"$(='>=' & Date(YearStart(Max([Posting Date]), 0)) & '<=' & Date(AddYears(Max([Posting Date]), 0)))"}, Periode, Year>} Mutatie)

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try these expressions:

1) Sum({<[Posting Date] = {"$(='>=' & Date(YearStart(Max([Posting Date]), -1)) & '<=' & Date(AddYears(Max([Posting Date]), -1)))"}, Periode, Year>} Mutatie)

2) Sum({<[Posting Date] = {"$(='>=' & Date(YearStart(Max([Posting Date]), 0)) & '<=' & Date(AddYears(Max([Posting Date]), 0)))"}, Periode, Year>} Mutatie)

qlikhans
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sunny,

wunderful. That did the trick.

thank you for the solution

bst rgrds

hans

Not applicable

Hi Sunny

I have similar Problem like Hans I have data where I am trying to create Timechart of that data

The data is now "YYYY" format and i need to know year on year growth (I am looking for HC Growth)

Can you please suggest how should I do that ?

sunny_talwar

Aniket -

Do you have Year as dimension? If you do then your problem is slight different than what we have here. Would you be able to provide some sample data to help you better here?

Best,

Sunny