Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kumarkp412
Creator II
Creator II

creating the line chart

Hi friends,

I am new to qlik view,i am facing small problem in creating the  line chart.

Is it possible to add the multi dimensions in the line chart with two expressions?

If it possible ,can anyone give me the sample example of this?

Thanks in Adavance

Kuamr

4 Replies
rahulsud007
Creator
Creator

Hi Praveen, you can use multi-dimension in a line chart there is no restriction for it. But it is always better to use a single dimension and multiple expression so that representations are understood properly. You can form a multi dimension group by using either drill or cyclic, these options you will get in dimension tab of your chart where you will get an option of edit group.

Because by using either of these options you will see only one dimension on the chart, and to view the chart with other dimension you need to click on the cyclic or drill down button which is formed.

kumarkp412
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Rahul

Thanks for  you repley,

But my problem is i what to show the two line which is comes from the two expression .

I am having two  dates fields ,start date and end date .Based on the start date i want to show the one line

and based on the end date i want to show to another line .

so , i am using the two dates as two dimensions , for that i am using the two expression for that to show in the chart

-->In the chart it is showing two lines based on the one dimensions .i.e it is giving the two line with one value

So can you help me.

Thanks

kumar

rahulsud007
Creator
Creator

Hi, I understand your question but I think the best way to go with this is in attached app. As it shows you a proper representation ! !.

kumarkp412
Creator II
Creator II
Author

based on my requirement , it wont work Rahul.

Thanks

Kumar