Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
madhubabu
Contributor III
Contributor III

data modeling with 2 Fact Tables

Hi Experts,

If I have 2 fact tables with only one common field between those 2 tables in a data model what will happen if I don't use Link table/concatenation/Join.

Only If I have association with those 2 fact tables.How does it impacts our data model?

Thanks,

Madhu

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Then you'll have to decide to which fact table wou'll have to link your master data (Region, product, calendar etc.).

Depending on the Facts, it may happen, that you'll lose some information if the two fact table are not always linked properly.

For instance: if you have 2 fact tables: sales and offers, which are linked via one key.

Then you'll want to link the product table to your data modell. If you chose to link the product table to the sales table: It may happen that there is no sales data for one product but offers. The offers will not anymore be related to the product, since the sales data related to that product is missing.

You can easily give it a try with a small sample data set to witness it on your own.