Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shamiul_islam
Contributor III
Contributor III

debug doesn't work in script debugger

The debug option of the script debugger is not working in my qlikview file. When I click the debug option, the pop up window of the script debugger is vanished. For that reason sometimes i cannot test my qlikview file  for data modeling because I cannot use the limited load option.

Is there anyone who know about this problem? Anyone please help me about this problem.

Thanks in advance 🙂

Labels (3)
6 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It's possible the Debug window is opening offscreen.  You can move it back with this windows trick. 

1. Press Alt + Spacebar

2. Use the arrow keys to select Move from the popup menu.

3. Use the arrow keys to move the widow into view. 

shamiul_islam
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

No this is not working. When I clicked Debug, the script debugger window is just vanished and open the dashboard.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I believe Rob is spot on with his diagnosis, here is an Article link that explains what he did but you can also go to the Settings.ini file and clear the WindowPOS entries there, as that will reset all the dialogs to their default locations too.  This is covered in the latter part of the article reference.

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000002457

If this works, you can use the Accept as Solution button on both Rob's post and this one to mark them as the solution, as either one should have worked.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
jonoogle
Contributor III
Contributor III

Same issue here. The window vanishes and Alt Spacebar does not help. It doesn't happen with all my apps. Only one for now. 

jonoogle
Contributor III
Contributor III

Just want to add that I am using the April 2020 SR2 release of QV desktop

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

@jonoogle I would recommend you open a support case with us if you have an issue you can reproduce consistently, as that would likely be a defect.  The only workaround of which I can think for you to try would be to recreate the object you are attempting to modify and see if you can then do what you want to do as far as modifying things.  Sometimes objects do encounter issues in a later release etc., and recreating them generally is the easiest thing to do if you do not have too many to do etc.  Sorry I do not have anything better for you.  If you open the support case, be sure to attach QVW file in question with detailed steps to replicate the issue, that should get things to move along very quickly in that case, but the first thing we will likely try is recreating the object etc., so I would recommend you do that as well.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.