cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

delivery and reloading of a QV doc to a Client

Hi Community,

I've got a question about the reload of a QV document deliver to a client... I suppose there could be many ways to manage the release of the product and the product released itself, however I'd like to know as much as possible about the management possibilities of the client.

So, how can a QV doc be reloaded once uploaded in the Section Access? There could be some software, which is different from QV, in the management of the reloading? Is there a way to upload a doc in the Section Access and avoid it will be updated through reloading? This last question is what I value the most...

I wuold like to thank everyone's going to answer... Every opinion will be useful for me and will be appreciated...

Greetings

I.B.

2 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Irene,

All what you say sounds like the QlikView Publisher, that is an extension of QlikView Server, and allows you to delegate reload, reduction and distribution tasks to individual users, if that is the case, as well as create tasks depending on external events (calling tasks to be executed from .BAT files in the OS, for example).

Please find further reference in this space QlikView Publisher

Let us know if that suits you.

In regards to protect reloading, there are several security settings in the Settings menu, Document Properties, Security tab, so you can prevent users to perform reloads.

Miguel

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Miguel, in fact that's what I was searching for: my problem has to be resolved in the MGMT Console, where I can set to NONE the preload of a document... or make it depend on an external event...

So, now I'm reading one of the brief technical by Qliktech about QVS, QVP and QMC, in order to improve my knowledges.

Thanks again...