Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

dynamic text formating

Hi,

I've created a text object and put some text into it. I've also defined a font color by an expression. I'm using if function to define the color.

I'd like to to use if function to underline the text or NOT underline it. Is it somehow possible?

Thank you in advance,

Larisa

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

You could use a "stripped" straight table. Put the text you want to use inside a variable and use this as a Dimension. As an expression you could use this ' '  make sure you select "No Totals" here. On the presentation tab select the "Hide column" option for the expression and select "Suppress Header Row". On the style tab make everything transparent including the background and then go to the caption tab and remove the caption.

You should now have a transparent object that displays your text. Place this on top of a text object to get the color you want.

Now if you go to the dimensions tab you can expand the dimension (plus sign) and edit the text color and the text format with whatever if statements you want. The format for underline is '<U>'.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

No, that's not possible. Perhaps you can use a line object on top of the text box and show/hide it as needed.

Or use two text boxes. One with the text underlined and one without. Then show/hide the right text box as needed using the Show Conditional option on the Layout tab of the properties window of the text boxes.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

You could use a "stripped" straight table. Put the text you want to use inside a variable and use this as a Dimension. As an expression you could use this ' '  make sure you select "No Totals" here. On the presentation tab select the "Hide column" option for the expression and select "Suppress Header Row". On the style tab make everything transparent including the background and then go to the caption tab and remove the caption.

You should now have a transparent object that displays your text. Place this on top of a text object to get the color you want.

Now if you go to the dimensions tab you can expand the dimension (plus sign) and edit the text color and the text format with whatever if statements you want. The format for underline is '<U>'.

Not applicable
Author

i didn't see it before