Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tinkerz1
Creator II
Creator II

embedded labels excel extra columns

Hi,

When I load in an excel sheet from a xlsx file with headers in row 1 and embedded lables, the load script bring in the correct embedded lables but also the excel column references, how can I stop blank columns being named excel rows.

Also f64 appears which is not in my column headers, how can I load just columns with headers, could be due to an empty column before column AB.

[Data1],

[Data2],

f64,

AB,

AC,

AD

Thanks.

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

you should be able to skip each column from importing by using the sign "X"

also you can Change the predefined Name by overwriting this text

tinkerz1
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi,

I need to load * as users will be added monthly column names, this is load is quite annoying as I am getting excel column references, I have never had this before, it does not look or feel right to have this.

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

can you post sample Excel file?

tinkerz1
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Its ok now, just started the spreadsheet again, it may have been corrupt.

Now it loads as expected, with load * and embedded, QV just brings through the column headings.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Qlikview uses the Excel default data table extent in the sheet you are loading. You can see the extent of the data table in Excel by clicking Ctrl-End. Deleting whole columns/rows (not individual cells) and then saving the Excel document will change the extent and you can confirm that by closing the Excel document and re-opening.

If you cannot fix the source document to avoid the unnecessary columns, you could do a resident load at the end of your script that loads only the required columns, or use a drop fields statement to drop a specific field. The load option will work well if you are cross-table loading the monthly data added by the users.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

Please post your data file and script