Skip to main content

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
QlikWorld 2023, a live, in-person thrill ride. Save $300 before February 6: REGISTER NOW!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
i_bagnoli
Creator
Creator

export csv - problem with format

hello community,

I created a pivot table that i'd like to export in csv. In order to do that I wrote a macro, but when I run it the resulted document do not present the same format number of my pivot table in qlik. I mean, in my pivot table there are numbers like 3.900 or 1.090.600 etc..., while in the resulted csv I see 3900 or 1090600 (without dots).

What can I do?

Why QV do that?

Thanks for any suggestion

greetings

IB

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maxgro
MVP
MVP

when you export a pivot from UI (right click--> export) Qlik keep or remove separator depending on below setting

perhaps it also works with macro

1.png

View solution in original post

6 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

when you export a pivot from UI (right click--> export) Qlik keep or remove separator depending on below setting

perhaps it also works with macro

1.png

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Right click on chart --> properties --> Numbers tab --> Select your expression and select Number from Number format setting.

Hope it helped.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable

Hi Bagnoli

This is important that you set the format of the data in the chart itself. other wise it will be over ruled by excel by taking default data format.

Hope this helped.

Regards

Rishi beri

Chris_Rice
Support
Support

If you're exporting to CSV and then opening via Excel or other similar program, the data format will not be saved as you cannot pass meta data into CSV.

java - How to retain date formatting during CSV export - Stack Overflow

If Massimo's solution does not work for you, I recommend changing your default Excel settings to format the numbers as you want, or export to XLS in the first place to retain the wanted format.

i_bagnoli
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Massimo,

that's it!!! Really useful,

Grazie

IB

i_bagnoli
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi

new evolution... I've find out that opening the doc through access point and working with it there, its behaviour is quite different... That is the export in csv does not respect the options chosen while in client it does.

In access point the exported file present values such as 3900, while in client 3.900.

Why does this happen? Are there any configuration I must review?

Thanks u all guys!

IB