cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johnnyg248
Contributor III
Contributor III

export sheet objects

I know if I do properties on a sheet I can do a properties and go to the objects tab I can see

object  Type   caption   showmode  

what I was hoping to do was export these fields for all the objects on the sheet in addition to

the text (I have several that have an expression to get the text to display), and any formula used for conditional show

Right now having to go through each object 1 by 1 which is quite time consuming

3 Replies
MikeW
Creator
Creator

I think you can load from a qvw as an xml format and it will read all the metadata on the objects in the qvw. 

Johnnyg248
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the response

Not sure I'm following your suggestion

Perhaps an example?

Thanks!

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

If you open the QVW file with say NotePad++ and scroll down toward the bottom of the file, you will see the meta data of the application there, I believe that is what the poster was referring to.  I am pretty sure our Governance Dashboard app reads this as well to get information on the apps, so that might be worth checking over too in order to see if that might get you what you want, and if not, you can check the script in it for how we are pulling that...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/governance-dashboard/Content/QV_GovDashboard/What.htm

That is the Help link, the link to download is in there as well, just FYI, but I hope this puts you on the right track.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.