cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
felcar2013
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

export to excel different transaction currencies

hi, in qlikview i have a table with net sales and other measures and as a Default currency i use Euros. The user has however the Option to select a different currency. Once he selects a currency, the values in the "net sales" column changes to the selected currency, including the currency Symbol

when i Export this to Excel, the formats get lost. No consideration of integer or decimal and no currency Symbol is exported

i used this formula:

=num(sum(reaction_NetSalesInclVAT*1/currency_Rate),'#.##0'&' '&"currency_Symbol")

IN qlikview this works well, but when exporting this to Excel, i cannot see neither formats nor the currency symbol

i read it is necessary to make a formula pro currency, but that is not Handy with more than 15 currencies and several Transactions columns

do you have any similar case? or any idea to Export the formats into Excel? (with Money function does not work)

2 Replies
Muthu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Felipe,

I think only if we are specifying some format in the number tab of the chart it will give the same format as in the chart while exporting to excel.

But in your case we cant specify anythin in number tab becasue the currency symbol will vary according to the selection.

We will wait for the Answer !!

felcar2013
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

hi, yes, that is the Problem. I Need to preserve all different currencies