cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raadwiptec
Creator II
Creator II

export

Hi all , iam facing a strange issue. I have starlight table where i have the sum showing up for the expressions. But the strange side here is after downloaded my sum when manually checked in excel is having different sums for ex:

column ! in chart is 10009.33 but after download it is 1110.55

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is your expression?

To see the real sum of all rows select the option belowSum_of_rows.PNG

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Show me the screenshot, Because some time it's possible. Quite brief was try again with Diff path and see

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Try below steps.

1. Go to Properties of Straight Table

2. Go to Expression Tab

3. Click on Expression

4. Right Side Center there is an option called Total Mode.

5. Select 3rd option

6. Select Sum

Click on Apply

This will solve your issue.

At times the total may seems to be wrong, this happens because of the null values in data.

In such case change the expression using advanced aggregation function, like below.

Sum(Aggr(Sum(Amount),Dimension 1,Dimension 2))

Assuming that you have 2 dimensions in chart.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
raadwiptec
Creator II
Creator II
Author

thanks indeed it was issue with Sum.. Can anybody tell me what is the difference between Total and Sum

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Load * Inline [

Name, Sales

A, 10

B, 20

C, 30

];

By using Sum(Sales) You will get same O/P

By using Sum(TOTAL Sales)

Name, Sales

A, 60

B, 60

C, 60

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
raadwiptec
Creator II
Creator II
Author

anybody could explain in another wayy

Anonymous
Not applicable

As Anil mentioned above,

Using a normal sum will consider the dimension when displaying in a chart.

Using TOTAL will sum ALL values and Ignore the dimension during the calculation.

If TOTAL is used in conjunction with  <field> the calculation will be done on a group by group basis instead of the entire total.

i.e - Taken from Qlikview help file

Study the representation of a straight table below:

Total.PNG

In the third expression column (sum(total<Month> Val)) one total is calculated for each month.

In the fourth expression column (sum(total<Grp> Val)) one total is calculated for each group.

sum(TOTAL Val) will just repeat the overall total of 21 across all records in the above chart