Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

few unknown ques

hello guys plz help me in getting answer for few question which i faced in my interview.many thanks in advance

1.suppose if i connected to one data source through oledb and get a table(named 1a) and connected to another data source through oledb and get another table(named 1b).now is it possible to get a different table from first data source(named 2a) or not ?

2.when ur exporting from straight table to excel file ,if we get a error called  NULL AS VALUES(not exactly remembered that sentence) what does it means?

3.when client accessing from access point ,if he get error WEB SERVICE ERROR what does it means

how can we creat link b/w our server and client ? for acessing files.

4.how  to schedule qvds and transformation qvds if ur using a 3 tier architecture

5.how can u do a performance tuning for a FORLOOP

1 Reply
Gysbert_Wassenaar

1.suppose if i connected to one data source through oledb and get a table(named 1a) and connected to another data source through oledb and get another table(named 1b).now is it possible to get a different table from first data source(named 2a) or not ?

Yes, reconnect to the first database and retrieve table 2a. But it's more efficient to first get all the tables from one source and then connect the other source and get the necessary tables from that source.

2.when ur exporting from straight table to excel file ,if we get a error called  NULL AS VALUES(not exactly remembered that sentence) what does it means?

No idea. Can you post a screenshot of the error?

3.when client accessing from access point ,if he get error WEB SERVICE ERROR what does it means

how can we creat link b/w our server and client ? for acessing files.

Check that the Qlikview Webservice is up and running.

4.how  to schedule qvds and transformation qvds if ur using a 3 tier architecture

Add reload tasks in the QMC to reload the documents that generate qvd's and/or transform data.

5.how can u do a performance tuning for a FORLOOP

Try another approach that doesn't need a loop. Most operations can be done on sets and don't require a loop to process individual records.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand