Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sanelisai
Contributor II
Contributor II

filtering between two dates in chart expression

Hi,

I have looked for and found a solution for my question from Cliq Community, but it doesn't work for me/I don't do it correctly:

sum ({< [payments.paydate] = {' >= 1.4.2020 <= 30.9.2020'}>} payments.amount)

I need to calculate a sum between two dates (above is the date format I'm using).  How to make this correctly.

bs, sanelisai

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MayilVahanan

Hi @sanelisai 

Create a listbox with payments.paydate field and confirm the date format is "dd.mm.yyyy" or "mm.dd.yyyy" or dd/mm/yyyy or any other format..

If its different format, then change the values in set analysis like

sum ({< [payments.paydate] = {" >= 1/4/2020 <= 30/9/2020"}>} payments.amount)

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Try changing single quote to double quote.

sum ({< [payments.paydate] = {" >= 1.4.2020 <= 30.9.2020"}>} payments.amount)

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
MayilVahanan

Hi @sanelisai 

Can you try with double quotes instead of single quotes and also, confirm the date format.

sum ({< [payments.paydate] = {" >= 1.4.2020 <= 30.9.2020"}>} payments.amount)

Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
sanelisai
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you for the answer. The double quotes don't seem to help. But how should I confirm the date format?

at lost, sanelisai 🙂

MayilVahanan

Hi @sanelisai 

Create a listbox with payments.paydate field and confirm the date format is "dd.mm.yyyy" or "mm.dd.yyyy" or dd/mm/yyyy or any other format..

If its different format, then change the values in set analysis like

sum ({< [payments.paydate] = {" >= 1/4/2020 <= 30/9/2020"}>} payments.amount)

sanelisai
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @MayilVahanan 

thank you again for your answer! I confirmed the date and it's ok. The function doesn't work anyway. Could the problem be in autocalendar? I have now tried both (payments.paydate.autoCalendar.Date] and [payments.paydate] and for both of them get zero.

br, sanelisai

sanelisai
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks again, @MayilVahanan, now it works! My last mistake was to have spaces in the filter. Should have been (like you had stated): {">=1.4.2020 <=30.9.2020"} . My version was {">= 1.4.2020 <= 30.9.2020"}.

br, sanelisai