Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

getCurrentSelections

Hello

I know that the function getCurrentSelections gives the names of the fields with the selected values

and if Clear is clicked this function will return null

is there a way to check that there is selection on all fields except for some specific fields

I want to check if the user at least selected any value of any column in the schema but ignore selections made on some specific fields

is this possible ?

Please advise

I can walk on water when it freezes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johanlindell
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Well, it is definately possible.

This formula should do the trick:

=$(='RangeSum(' & Concat ({<[$Field] =- {'My exclude field 1', 'My exclude field 2'}>} 'GetSelectedCount([' & [$Field] & '])', ', ') & ')')

If you want to show the formula in text you can paste this into a text box:

='RangeSum(' & Concat ({<[$Field] =- {'My exclude field 1', 'My exclude field 2'}>} 'GetSelectedCount([' & [$Field] & '])', ', ') & ')'

It creates a dynamic expression using the hidden field for all fields, $Field and uses Set Expression to exclude certain fields. Example

=RangeSum(GetSelectedCount([History]), GetSelectedCount([Issues]), GetSelectedCount([ToDo]))

View solution in original post

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

You could use various string-functions like subfield(), index(), (wild)match() to search within the getcurrentselections-result but I think to use multiple getfieldselections() or getselectedcount() queries will be easier.

Another possibility might be to use a count-function with some conditions over alle your needed fields and values maybe like: count({< Field1 = {'Value1'}, Field2 = {'Value2', 'Value3'} >} Field1&Field2) which returned a value >=1 = true or 0 = false.

- Marcus

johanlindell
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Well, it is definately possible.

This formula should do the trick:

=$(='RangeSum(' & Concat ({<[$Field] =- {'My exclude field 1', 'My exclude field 2'}>} 'GetSelectedCount([' & [$Field] & '])', ', ') & ')')

If you want to show the formula in text you can paste this into a text box:

='RangeSum(' & Concat ({<[$Field] =- {'My exclude field 1', 'My exclude field 2'}>} 'GetSelectedCount([' & [$Field] & '])', ', ') & ')'

It creates a dynamic expression using the hidden field for all fields, $Field and uses Set Expression to exclude certain fields. Example

=RangeSum(GetSelectedCount([History]), GetSelectedCount([Issues]), GetSelectedCount([ToDo]))

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

thank you

I can walk on water when it freezes