Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

getselectedcount() error with sr8

I just upgraded to sr8 (server and desktop). In desktop mode the following function call works fine

GetselectedCount(Field1,'','X')

But when I upload to access point and hit it with a browser (ajax mode) I get the following error message:

Error in Expression: GetSelectedCount() takes 1-2 parameters.

The qlikview SR8  release note is very brief, and in fact I think there is an extra comma in their example of how to use these new functions with the alternate state.

Has anyone else experienced the above error message and know how to fix it.

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Do any of you experts have an answer for this problem? I have attached a simple app to show the problem. Make multiple selections from 'Category- Alternate State X' list box and the text box below it works. Then upload the app to your server and try running in ajax (or plug-in) mode. You will get the following error message:

Error: GetSelectedCount gets 1-2 parameters. Am running SR8 in both desktop and server.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

SR8 onwards alternate state would be supported with these functions (it's an upgrade with this release). If you are using the server SR8 as well, you should contact qlik support (could be a bug).

Not applicable
Author

Where and how do you report bugs. I can't seem to find the right Group or Space when I create a new threat. I would be real amazed if this is indeed a bug.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Contact: QlikView Support - Business Intelligence (BI) Reporting Software Solutions | Qlik

If you are not a direct customer, you might have to reach them through your partner.