Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Our next Qlik Insider session will cover new key capabilities. Join us August 11th REGISTER TODAY
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hopkinsc
Partner
Partner

help combining variables

Hi all,

i have the following variables..

vCounter = Only({<nd_FISCAL_PERIOD = {$(=Only(CurrentFiscalPeriod))}>}Counter)

vPeriod_1 = Only({<Counter = {$(=vCounter-1)}>} nd_FISCAL_PERIOD)

as you can see, vPeriod_1 uses vCounter within it.

i need to combine the above 2 variables, the vCounter expression needs to replace the vCounter part of the vPeriod_1 variable expression.

then the i want to replace the vPeriod_1 part of the below expression with the combined expression from the above.

='("LV Snapshot FY$(=Right(CurrentFiscalYear,2))*" & (*$(vPeriod_1)))'

i cant get this to work, can anyone help please?

i have attached an example qvw.

thanks

15 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Sorry, I don't know NPrinting good enough.

Maybe try to specifically address your issue to

Qlik NPrinting

hopkinsc
Partner
Partner
Author

last question i promise!

i now need to add in the additional 2 periods (201703 and 201702) which are from the other 2 variables you did.

for this to work in NP i would need the result to be comma separated, (i think) so the 3 values can be selected the same time.

is it possible to add these to the following expression?

='LV Snapshot FY$(=Right(CurrentFiscalYear,2)) $(=Only({<Counter = {$(=Only({<nd_FISCAL_PERIOD = {$(=Only(CurrentFiscalPeriod))}>}Counter)-1)}>} nd_FISCAL_PERIOD))'

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe like

='LV Snapshot FY$(=Right(CurrentFiscalYear,2)) $(=Only({<Counter = {$(=Only({<nd_FISCAL_PERIOD = {$(=Only(CurrentFiscalPeriod))}>}Counter)-1)}>} nd_FISCAL_PERIOD)),LV Snapshot FY$(=Right(CurrentFiscalYear,2)) $(=Only({<Counter = {$(=Only({<nd_FISCAL_PERIOD = {$(=Only(CurrentFiscalPeriod))}>}Counter)-2)}>} nd_FISCAL_PERIOD)),LV Snapshot FY$(=Right(CurrentFiscalYear,2)) $(=Only({<Counter = {$(=Only({<nd_FISCAL_PERIOD = {$(=Only(CurrentFiscalPeriod))}>}Counter)-3)}>} nd_FISCAL_PERIOD))'

View solution in original post

hopkinsc
Partner
Partner
Author

that works in a text box, but how would i set it up in an action on the button to make the 3 selections on the Dataset field?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Don't know how NPrinting works, but in QV, you can use a compound search like

("value1"|"value2"|"value3")

hopkinsc
Partner
Partner
Author

thanks for all your help

i have changed the expression to the following..

='("LV Snapshot FY$(=Right(CurrentFiscalYear,2)) $(=Only({<Counter = {$(=Only({<nd_FISCAL_PERIOD = {$(=Only(CurrentFiscalPeriod))}>}Counter)-1)}>} nd_FISCAL_PERIOD))"|"LV Snapshot FY$(=Right(CurrentFiscalYear,2)) $(=Only({<Counter = {$(=Only({<nd_FISCAL_PERIOD = {$(=Only(CurrentFiscalPeriod))}>}Counter)-2)}>} nd_FISCAL_PERIOD))"|"LV Snapshot FY$(=Right(CurrentFiscalYear,2)) $(=Only({<Counter = {$(=Only({<nd_FISCAL_PERIOD = {$(=Only(CurrentFiscalPeriod))}>}Counter)-3)}>} nd_FISCAL_PERIOD))")'

which works in QV but i can't get it to work in NP.

i have asked Stephen Jasonowski at Qlik for support.

thanks again!