Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
durgabhavani
Creator III
Creator III

help me in pulling data into qlikview?

Hi All,

I have xml files in unix server. Now i need to pull the xml files into qlikview using winscp.

Can anyone help me to get he data?

This is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Durga

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

EXECUTE will send whatever is between EXECUTE and an ending semicolon as a command line to Windows. This command line will be executed and after completion of the command execution will contine on the next statement in your load script like:

EXECUTE c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe /c dir c:\ /s >directory-content.txt ;

This will start the Windows command processor and execute the DIR command which lists the file contenst and send the output to a file named directory-content.

In a similar fashion you could have an EXECUTE statement with WinSCP like this:

EXECUTE "c:\Program Files\WinSCP\winscp.com" /script=scp-script-to-do-the-retrieval-of-XML.txt  ;

(don't try to run this without modification because this is only a made up example to give you an idea ...)

View solution in original post

7 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can use the EXECUTE statement in a load script to run WinSCP as a command line tool to retrieve the XML-files locally.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Alternatively you can schedule the command-line execution from your QMC if you have the QlikView Server Enterprise Edition.

durgabhavani
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for response petter!

Can you please make me clear with example using EXECUTE statement in loadscript. i am first time facing this type of loading data.

provide me screenshots. I have no access to qvw files.

Note: we have no QMC. so i need to implement at script level.

Thanks,

Durga

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

EXECUTE will send whatever is between EXECUTE and an ending semicolon as a command line to Windows. This command line will be executed and after completion of the command execution will contine on the next statement in your load script like:

EXECUTE c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe /c dir c:\ /s >directory-content.txt ;

This will start the Windows command processor and execute the DIR command which lists the file contenst and send the output to a file named directory-content.

In a similar fashion you could have an EXECUTE statement with WinSCP like this:

EXECUTE "c:\Program Files\WinSCP\winscp.com" /script=scp-script-to-do-the-retrieval-of-XML.txt  ;

(don't try to run this without modification because this is only a made up example to give you an idea ...)

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

durgabhavani
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Awesome Petter!

I got your points. I will try to implement the same from my side with modifications.

If i face any complications. I will get back to you.

Please provide me your mail id.

Thanks,

Durga

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

just send me messages directly via the forum if you need to - but the best is to post it on community anyway - I read and contribute almost daily anyway and you get the benefit of others competence to so they can contribute to solving your questions.