Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

hi,

I have a problem loading my data in Qlikview! Indeed, my data are cross tables but excels except when I load they not show me the real data?

3 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

post your qlik doc with the problem

or (guess) read here for crosstable load

http://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikviewdesignblog/2014/03/24/crosstable

its_anandrjs

Load your excel as Crosstable or read the reference manual

Greg_Williams
Former Employee
Former Employee

When loading data from Excel, sometimes spreadsheets are not always straight-forward, in other words, they do not always store data in columns. Instead, I have found that customers will add spaces, transpose columns and rows, add text (not really data), and the like. To overcome these issues, QlikView possesses a wizard, Enable Transformation Step. You can access this from within the QlikView Edit Script > Table Files > select your Excel (xls, or xlsx), then select the Next button. This will expose the Enable Transformation Step button. The Transformation Wizard will guide you on how to restructure or define how QlikView should interpret your spreadsheet data structure. Truth be told, this does take some getting use to, so you might have to run through it more than once to get a feel for what it is attempting to accomplish, then make any necessary enhancements.

Hope this Helps you.

~Greg