cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

how do i incorporate meaningful mini chart and linear gauge on my table

Hello,

How do i set up mini chart and linear guage on my tables. They makes your table more attractive. But the problem i have with it is how do a user understand the value of the chart? Find attached

Regards

4 Replies
richard_pearce6
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

You can make an expression a mini chart in the expression tab.

I'd use them along side a standard expression which shows the value. Mini charts give a visual representation only

Richard

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

First you need to define what end result is desired.

As in when the Users see the mini chart what information will they derive from it and then what will they do as a consequence of now being aware of that information.

To set them up for the expression in question :

Under Display Options | Representation

Change it from Text to say Mini Chart

Click Mini Chart Settings and set up as required.

If you just wish to make things look prettier then I would not use them as it will just cause a distraction.

richard_pearce6
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Take a metric like Percentage Sales Verses Target. In the table there would be two expressions. The first would be the value and the second would be the mini chart.

As Bill mentioned its all about the desired results so the mini chart maybe a gauge or perhaps its sparklines with time as its dimension. The user can see the actual and see the context (in the mini chart) which allows them to detirmine if the results are trending up or down....

I hope that makes more sense.

Richard

Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

PFA QVW .  Hope this may help You

Thanks

Saurabh