Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pk
Contributor III
Contributor III

how to access qlikview server using URL instead ip address/RDC

Hello anyone,

Am not able to take RDC of Qlikview Prod server because of some problems. So can someone tell me how to access Qlikview server through the URL ?  or any other option to access server ?

thanks in advance

2 Replies
gf
Creator III
Creator III

Connection pseudo-URLs
When connecting to QlikView Server from desktop clients, either via the Open in Server dialog or via link files, a pseudo-URL is used as document address.

The syntax is:

qvp://[[username][@]]hostname[:port|;protocol]/docname

where:

username is a Windows user ID. The parameter is optional.

hostname is the name of the host. The parameter is obligatory.

documentname is the name of the QlikView document (excluding qvw extension). The parameter is optional.

port (e.g. 4749) can be used for specifying a specific port used by the server

protocol (e.g. http) can be used for specifying a tunneling protocol. The parameter is optional.

@ without username denotes anonymous identity.

If user identity is omitted altogether, the logged in Windows identity is assumed.
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Did the poster's comment help you resolve things, or are you still trying to resolve the situation?  If that did help you, be sure to click the Accept as Solution, otherwise let us know where you stand, and we can see if we can provide further information.  I have to admit, I am a bit confused, so if you could clarify things a bit further, I may be able to provide something for you.

If by chance you are talking about getting to the QlikView Management Console (QMC), you can do that from your local machine, the only catch is your NT user must be in the QlikView Administrators local security group on the server running the QMS service, but once that is there, you should be able to access the QMC remotely without doing an RDP session. 

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.