Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to achieve this....??

Hi all

Hi all,

I have some data in database then  How to display the below tables in qlikview.plz suggest me the best way and discribe the process in disussion window only.i using personal edition,so plz help me this part.

thanks in advance.

studentsubjectattan...
ramuxxx29
yyy70
zzz60
rajuxxx36
yyy80
zzz60

legend:

legend:
gradedanger zone<40%
better60%
good>70%
7 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

To the expression, add a Background color (expand the expression tree) and test the same expression value for your ranges. Imagine that you display sum(Sales), then the background color expression becomes something like:

=if (sum(Sales) < 40, green(), if (sum(Amount) > 70, red(), blue()))

:

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Replace sum(Sales) with your actual expression. Percentages can be compared with fractions, like 0.4, 0.6 and 0.7

Check the Color functions page in QV Desktop help for more information aboutr the different functions, like lightgrey() and such.

Not applicable
Author

Hi peter,

The tables represented in excel.In qlikview which objects are used to generate the above table as same in qlikview with legends.plz tell me.

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

Use  pivot table multi-dimensional

Not applicable
Author

Hi @subbu jasti,

You can achieve the above table using Pivot Table in qlikview and specifying Visual Cues as required.

It is not possible in qlikview to display legend along with Pivot Table. You can create a separate text box indicating the same very easily.

Or another alternative could be that you could add a help text by going into the Caption tab of pivot table properties.

But in your case Text box would serve the purpose correctly.

In order to create a pivot table:

I guess you have an excel sheet with columns as- student,subject and attendance

Create a new chart->select pivot table->in dimensions add student and subject-> then in expressions "sum(attendance)",

then specify visual cues as  required by selecting color and range.

Hope it helps.:)

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

For the main table, use a Pivot with one expression and two dimensions (student & subject). Add the coloring trick to the expression background color.

A Pivot table does not have a legend, so you will have to simulate one by designing an artificial legend in another pivot table. create an inline table with dummy values (three rows with green in the first column, danger zone/better/good in the second and the other texts in the third.) Add a pivot table with these values as data, and the same coloring trick to the background color. Make sure that the legend pivot has not links whatsoever to any of the other tables.

See Gysbert's document in this discussion: http://community.qlik.com/message/293470#293470 The legend on top of the big bar chart is a simulated legend. Look at the object properties to figure out how it's done.

Best,

Peter

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Sorry, just saw you mentioned PE-edition only. This is what the example looks like, after I moved the artificial legend to the right:

Custom Legend thread153390.jpg

The straight table-doing-a-legend uses a single dimension (customer), a single expression (=1) and this expression in the background color settings:

=pick(match(customer,'A','B','C','D'),color(1),color(2),color(3),color(4))