Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bell_byloli
Contributor III
Contributor III

how to add dummy values to charts?

i have created charts which show values by month, which has been restricted to show 5 months from the current month for various accounts. However, when a new account is added to the DB, which has values  for the current month only, the chart will show the same.

is it possible to get the chart to show the previous 5 months with 0 values ?

8 Replies
avinashelite

Hi,

UNCHECK the suppress zero option in the presentation tab.

bell_byloli
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

dimension is month.

expression is

=sum({<[Product]={'Desktop','Laptop''},Month={">=$(=addmonths(max(Month),-5)) <=$(=Max(Month))"}>}(amount))

so if uncheck the Supress Zero Values option it will show all the existing months.

sjoelsona8
Partner - Contributor III

You can add a dummy expression (e.g. Sum(1)) to the chart and clear all checkboxes under 'Display Options'.

To restrict to show trailing 5 months, you can use set analysis like:

Sum( {$<Date={'<=$(=Max(Date))>$(=AddMonths(Max(Date), -5))'}, Year=, Quarter=, Month=, MonthYear=>} 1)

belliapa.jpg

bell_byloli
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

i m using a similar expression. not sure how to add the dummy expression.

revenue =sum({<[Product]={'Desktop','Laptop''},Year=,Quarter=,Month=,MonthYearNew={">=$(=addmonths(max(MonthYearNew),-5)) <=$(=Max(MonthYearNew))"}>}(amount))

this expression gives me the trailing 5 months. however when i select an account which is new and may not have the previous months data, it only ends up showing the existing month data only, not able to achieve the empty trailing months .

avinashelite

Yes, in Dimension select show all value and uncheck the suppress zero.

sjoelsona8

In my screenshot above, I only have actual data in 1 month. Therefore, the dummy expression ensures that 5 months plus current month still displays. To try it out in your chart, make a new expression and uncheck the Display Options so that it isn't shown (but still is calc'd).

e.g. sum({<[Product]={'Desktop','Laptop''},Year=,Quarter=,Month=,MonthYearNew={">=$(=addmonths(max(MonthYearNew),-5)) <=$(=Max(MonthYearNew))"}>} 1)

replace amount field with 1.

bell_byloli
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

i did that , but i still do get the desired result.

it would be great if you could provide ( load) the QVW file that you showed in the example above.

sjoelsona8

See attached an an example. Thanks