Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to determine how many customers are under and over a $ value

Hi, I am attempting to report at different summary levels (area / district / country) how many customers have purchased under 75%, between 75 and 110% and over 110% of a preset value. I don't need or want to have to list all the customers individually.

any help  / hints would be appreciated!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

You can use the same as calculated dimension in UI side

View solution in original post

18 Replies
its_anandrjs

Create % buckets in the data model and then use that bucket in the presentation.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Anand, I considered that, but the calculation needs to take into account the product(s) and time frame which the user can change (as well as the preset value as a future requirement). My apologies for not stating that upfront.

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Your sample data file can help us to answer you quickly...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The buckets should be created in calculated dimension (using "if" conditions, and aggr by customer), and chart expression is count(distinct customer)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Michael, I will give that a try.

Not applicable
Author

HI, getting back to this now, I have the calculated dimension working as

=if ($(vDIM%Achieved) < 2,1,0)

where vDIM%Achieved is

aggr(sum([Sales]),[Cust_ID]) / aggr(sum([PlannedSales]),[Cust_ID])

this works, it places a '1' in column for customers with less than '2' sales (actually 200%)

have two more columns checking for between 2 and 4, and over 4

how do I now get totals of these dimensions at area/district/country levels? 

thanks for the help!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Now I have to second Manish Kachhia - it would be easier to help if you upload a sample app...

Not applicable
Author

Agreed, i wish I could, but unfortunately, this is data that is confidential. Is there any direction you can give?

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Yes, but you can definitely create a sample data file / excel file similar to your original one with dummy data...