Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to enable the billion and trillian format

Hi team

kindly guide me how to enable the trillian and billion format.enable.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Refer to my reply above. Your object should be chart and not a table then only these options will be enabled.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Srinivasan,

Just put a symbol like B in the text box for Billion, M for Million, K for Thousand. Qlikview will automatically measure the axes based on the values, but there is no option for Trillion, if you need then you need to do manually by dividing 1 trillion to the expression.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

If you mean that the symbol boxes are freezed and you are not able to add a symbol there then make sure that its a chart (not a table)and make the expression's format as money.

You can refer to this thread: http://community.qlik.com/thread/91302

Hope this helps!

Not applicable
Author

Not sure about Trillion but to enable Billion, just enter a B or whatever character represents this value best for you

Not applicable
Author

what ever option i selected, thousand and billion input boxes are not enabled... Is there any specific option i need to set

Not applicable
Author

this option i need to set for a particular column like opening balance, closing balance etc. at the grid level.

Not applicable
Author

Refer to my reply above. Your object should be chart and not a table then only these options will be enabled.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Shyam

Not applicable
Author

Hi Srinivasan,

Does this resolve your issue? If so can you please mark the correct/helpful answer, so it will be useful for others who come across this thread.

MarcoWedel

might be a bit late

but maybe also helpful:

SET vSize = Div(Log10($1),3);

SET vFormatNumber = Dual(Num($1/Pow(10,3*$(vSize($1))),'#,##0')&' '&Pick($(vSize($1)),'K','Mil','Bil','Tril'),$1);

LOAD *,

$(vFormatNumber(parameter)) as paramFormat;

LOAD pow(10,Rand()*14) as parameter

AutoGenerate 30;

QlikCommunity_Thread_38556_Pic4.JPG.jpg

QlikCommunity_Thread_38556_Pic5.JPG.jpg

regards

Marco