Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhasharadh
Creator III
Creator III

how to hide the Excluded values in Filters based on the selection done in main Filter...?

Hi Every one,

Here I have new requirement where my users want to see only possible vales in filters rather than showing all values and off course , not possible values are showing in grey color , and possible in white color.

requirement : we have main filters has Env and Year. so when the user selects any environment it has to display only the possible years ( which are having data for that particular Env ) , same thing we want to Months filters also ,when the user selected any year which is displaying for Env selection then we have to show only possible months for both Env and Year.

Ex: I have 3 Env like A ,B ,C

A and B Env is having data for complete Year 2016 , where as C is having data for only 3 Months.

So when the we select Env C - Year 2016 - then we have to display only 3 months.

Note : hide exclude option will not work for My issue.

Please suggest some method for this issue, I came to know that using triggers it is possible but no idea on how to use them in my case.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Dhasharadh.

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try with the aggr function here:

For Year -> Aggr(Only(Year), Year) or Aggr(Year, Year)

For Month - >Aggr(Only(Month), Month) or Aggr(Month, Month)

dhasharadh
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Sunny ,

Thanks for your Quick response.

Seems like this aggr is going to work , but when I select any one Env , that env is taking all the place in the list box, where user is confusing if he want to change his Env Selection. & same thing happening to Year and Month filters as well..

can please suggest some other.

Best Regards,

Dhasharadh.

sunny_talwar

I am confused now. I thought that's what you were looking for -> to hide whatever is not available to select? If that is not true then QlikView's default is to grey out whatever is not available to select. I am not sure what are you looking to do. Can you elaborate or post a sample with expected output based on different selections?