Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
QlikView forum consolidation is complete. Labels are now required. LEARN ABOUT LABELS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobby_chowdary
Contributor III
Contributor III

issue with Default filters in Qlikview personal edition

Hi team,

i am having some issue with default filters

in my QVW dashboard i have 2 sheet.and 2 sheet have default filters ...for default filters i created using sheet properties-->trigger tab-->on activate sheet

now i want to disable the default filters when i navigate to one sheet to another sheet

sheet1 :   (we have some other filters like office id,office name)

default filters:

name :a,b

id: 1,2

sheet2 (we have some other filters like group id,main groupname)

default filters:

group 1: kar,char

group2:max,min

for example in sheet 1 if i clear all default filters and i selected only one filter like:office name : deb

after that when i navigate  sheet 2 ...again i was navigating from sheet2 to sheet1 ...i was able to seeing default filter with my eariler seletion

like:

name :a,b

id: 1,2

office name : deb

here how can show only office name filter

please help me

Regards,

Bob

3 Replies
marcus_sommer
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

I think you will need to implement a condition within your actions, something like:

if(getactivesheetid() = 'SHxx', ....

- Marcus

bobby_chowdary
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi

Can you give a small example or more explanation

then i will do further process accordingly

Note:

this process will work for newly introduce column like in feature if i add new columns in QVW dashboard

Regards,

Bob

marcus_sommer
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

I have no example for this. You need to play a bit with these approach ... If I think about it I would write the sheetname from the leaving sheet into a variable per DeActivate trigger and evaluate this value within the arriving sheet, like:

if('$(vLastActiveSheet)' = 'SH01', '(value1|value2)', '(value3|value4)')

or maybe Null() or ImAnError() within the then/else part to clear selections or create an error which meant that this action will ignored and the existing selections remain.

- Marcus