Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vignesh_s
Creator
Creator

joins

i have a table1 ,i want Max(NAV_ID) such that,say i have Date=1/11/12 Fundid=99,NAV_ID=2 and Date=1/11//12 fundid=99,NAV_ID=3

,i want to diaplay only the NAV_ID=3,Date=1/11//12 fundid=99 followe by other fields(A,B,C,D....) w.r.t to NAV_ID

i tried load resident to achive ths and i left joined with load table ,i did not got the result properly

table1:

load

Date, FundID,  NAV_ID,A,B,C,D,E,F;

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

try

Load Date, FundID,  A,B,C,D,E,F
max(NAV_ID)
group by Date, FundID,  A,B,C,D,E,F
Anil_Babu_Samineni

I don't think where Max() won't work direct load. You could use something like Left / Right join to deserve

Table1:

Load Date, FundID,  A,B,C,D,E,F From Table1;

Right Join (Table1)

Load Date, max(NAV_ID) Resident Table1 group by Date;

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable

absolutely right your solution

vignesh_s
Creator
Creator
Author

i used right join but ,whn i compare the result with xsl file the value is wrong

test.png

d_prashanthredd
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Vignesh,

What you compared and what is wrong in that?

Anil's solution gonna work fine and the sollution was to identify the max NAV_ID.

If you can specify the problem clearly, anyone can provide you the correct solution.

vignesh_s
Creator
Creator
Author

tanks i got solution

Anil_Babu_Samineni

You need to understand the Decimal concept using Num()..

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful