Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

like function

is there a like function in qlikview?

I have a column called "bonus_description" and it has both letters and numbers in it, for example "new member 100% bonus"

what I want is to replace all "new member 100% bonus" to just "100%" and then do the same where there is 50%, 75% etc

29 Replies
rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

to answer your question.

You can use LIKE in Qlikview

2014-01-31_1016.png

However, the above will not give you exactly what you need regarding solving the issue you have, but you can use LIKE

HTH

Alan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Alan,

keepchar did clean up some of the data but I also have some bonuses where there are numbers besides the percent like "20130630 50% bonus" and "44% 23.03"

how do I remove 20130630 without removing 50%? I can use replace but there are many variations of this problem so I'm looking for an easier  and not so time consuming solution

Not applicable
Author

if takes 2-3 parameters but I have 9, is there a case when kind of function I could use?

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Hi Zainab,

Can you send me a list of the variations please and I will take a look

Regards

Alan

Not applicable
Author

New_customers_100%_Deposit_Bonus

200% Deposit Bonus PKL

PKL 50% Deposit Bonus, 2nd Dep

20130306 50% Deposit Bonus

PKL 44% Deposit Bonus 23.03

Colin-Albert

You can use the index() function to find the character position of the % and then find the position of the space before that and slice the text between these positions.

Colin-Albert

This uses index() function to find the character position of the % and then find the position of the space before that and slice the text between these positions.

trim(mid(bonus_description, index(left(bonus_description, index(bonus_description, '%')), ' ', -1),

(index(bonus_description, '%')+1 - index(left(bonus_description, index(bonus_description, '%')), ' ', -1) )

))

Not applicable
Author

Colin when I use your code, it only works when there are spaces around %, not for for ex

New_customers_100%_Deposit_Bonus

200% Deposit Bonus PKL

Colin-Albert

if(index('200% test bonus', '%') < 5,

subfield('200% test bonus', '%') & '%',

trim(mid('200% test bonus', index(left('200% test bonus', index('200% test bonus', '%')), ' ', -1),

(index('200% test bonus', '%')+1 - index(left('200% test bonus', index('200% test bonus', '%')), ' ', -1) )

))

)

Colin-Albert

That should have been

if(index(bonus_description, '%') < 5,

subfield(bonus_description, '%') & '%',

trim(mid(bonus_description, index(left(bonus_description, index(bonus_description, '%')), ' ', -1),

(index(bonus_description, '%')+1 - index(left(bonus_description, index(bonus_description, '%')), ' ', -1) )

))