Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

macro

Hi Community,

I need help in macro.

I have requirement in Qlikview app. That is assume that we have 3 sheets. If i made selections in sheet 3 then it will reflect in every sheet normally. But when I come to sheet 2 it should clear my selections. At the same time again if go back to sheet 3, the selections still need to remain. 

If i use trigger then it wont fulfil my need. Because it clears all sheets. So i heard its possible by macro.

Can you help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Suneela

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached file. Sheets Main and Savings have bookmarks that they set on leaving and restore on entering. Sheet Salary clears all selections on entering.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can also use the OnLeaveSheet trigger to first set a bookmark before leaving the sheet 3. You can later restore that bookmark when you get back to the sheet 3 with the OnActivateSheet trigger.

An alternative if you have Qlikview 11 is to create an alternate state and assign that state to sheet 2. That way sheet 2 will use its own set of selections and ignore those set on other sheets.

Not applicable
Author

Can you make it out in attached file.

Thanks.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached file. Sheets Main and Savings have bookmarks that they set on leaving and restore on entering. Sheet Salary clears all selections on entering.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Gysbert. It really helped me.