Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

mini charts

Hello

Can someone give me a technical answer on why mini charts disappear from a pivot table when this pivot table is detached?

Regards,

I can walk on water when it freezes
5 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

I guess you are talking about mini chart in straigth table. It is not a general rule or qv behavior that, while detached the chart will disappear, should be something specific to your app. Please share your sample app.

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

take for example the example document that comes with QlikView (C:\Program Files\QlikView\Examples\Documents\DataVisualization.qvw  go to sparklines tab there you can find a table with Mini Chart detach it and the mini chart will disappear

jvitantonio
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

The only thing I could find in the Reference Manual is that mini charts cannot be exported to excel. I guess this is a bug. You should contact QlikTech.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Hi Ali,

You are right !  This seems to be a bug. Or else, Qliktech might want to explain the technical aspect. Thank you very much for pointing out the same.

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

just got the following reply from QlikView: This issue has been reported before and is confirmed with ID 50319 by R&D as a bug.  Due to uncertainties regarding potential related problems and program priorities we cannot guarantee a fix date at this time.  If the issue is critical to your business, please contact us for further discussions.   Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience and let us know if you want us to close the case.