Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

need help urgent ....

Hi All Group Members,

This is bharat, i am new to qlikview.i face some of requirement like this ,,can some body tell me,how to do this requirement and how to face these type of requirements in future,,

my requirement is like this ,,this is my input, have date and amount per perticular months as a fiscal year as well and need output as a cummulative amount ..in that input some months dont have a amount ,in those months i need '0' as amount...please tell me how to get this one . i am sending you my requirement as Exel file, please find in attachments..

thanks in advance.

bharat.m

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

To start with:

Go to edit script - Choose Tables Files - Find your excel file - Choose embedded labes, and choose ur sheet (in this case input).

How you got all your data loaded in.

Then you can right click in your sheet and select new chart, and then select straight table - In here you can select Date as dimension and sum(amount) on expression

Under Presentation your uncheck Supress zero values (then you will get all 0 values from your dataset)

Then you make a new expression with sum(amount) again.

But this check under the expression box, you mark full accumlation. This will solve your problem i think

And here is what it looks like

Capture.PNG

im not sure on how to start it all over again, when you get a new year, but maybe someone else know.

This atleast should get you more than half way

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can add the missing months in the script and calculate the cumulative per year too. See comm81300_1.qvw.

Or you can use an AsOf table. This is a bit more complicated but a lot more flexible. See comm81300_2.qvw.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Your good!! I also learned something

But isnt your rolling 12 months wrong? At the end it substracts? Now thats relevent for the topic.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for u r reply tjetjetje,

but i didn't get responce like u r posted,instead of that i got some other response,

and one more is after completion of year 2011,next january onwords that amount should not add to the above amount,,the amount should add to the next coming months of 2012 like

01-01-2012       11        11

01-02-2012       22        33

01-03-2012       33        66    ,   like this way i need ,,

thanks in advance

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

Gysbert it sound that "You are a quick fix" well .