cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rcandeo
Creator III
Creator III

negative number in brackets

I have a text object that I wanna show as number with % and when it´s negative I wanna it in brackets.

It works if the result is +20.29%, but if the result is (8.85%) it shows (0.09%)

The expression is as below:

=num((

max(Aggr(

(sum({<[Reporting Calendar Year] = {'$(vCurrentYear)'}>} $(vCurrency)) - sum({<[Reporting Calendar Year] = {'$(vPriorYear)'}>} $(vCurrency)))

/

sum({<[Reporting Calendar Year] = {'$(vPriorYear)'}>} $(vCurrency)),

[Broker Pack Region]))

-

max(Aggr(

(sum({<[Reporting Calendar Year] = {'$(vPriorYear)'}>} $(vCurrency)) - sum({<[Reporting Calendar Year] = {'$(vPriorYearBefore)'}>} $(vCurrency)))

/

sum({<[Reporting Calendar Year] = {'$(vPriorYearBefore)'}>} $(vCurrency)),

[Broker Pack Region])))*100

,'+ ###.##%;(###.##%);-')

Any idea what to do?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Use

Num(YourExpression,'+ ###.##%;(###.##)%')

watch the place of the ) and %

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

As i got, If you got +ve value then 12.43%

Meantime, While selection if you got -Ve value then (-12.43%) -- Is this you are expecting? Or What

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
rcandeo
Creator III
Creator III
Author

sorry not being more clear. With positive(+) value then works.With negative(-) values it is showing divided by 100, so when should see (12.43%) it shows (0.12%)

Anil_Babu_Samineni

It's tricky t explain, Can you post sample application which demonstrates the issue

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
sunny_talwar

How about this:

=Num((

max(Aggr(

(sum({<[Reporting Calendar Year] = {'$(vCurrentYear)'}>} $(vCurrency)) - sum({<[Reporting Calendar Year] = {'$(vPriorYear)'}>} $(vCurrency)))

/

sum({<[Reporting Calendar Year] = {'$(vPriorYear)'}>} $(vCurrency)),

[Broker Pack Region]))

-

max(Aggr(

(sum({<[Reporting Calendar Year] = {'$(vPriorYear)'}>} $(vCurrency)) - sum({<[Reporting Calendar Year] = {'$(vPriorYearBefore)'}>} $(vCurrency)))

/

sum({<[Reporting Calendar Year] = {'$(vPriorYearBefore)'}>} $(vCurrency)),

[Broker Pack Region])))*100

,'+###.##%;(###.##%)')

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Use

Num(YourExpression,'+ ###.##%;(###.##)%')

watch the place of the ) and %

rcandeo
Creator III
Creator III
Author

This works. Thank you so much

rcandeo
Creator III
Creator III
Author

thank you but didn´t work

rcandeo