Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

no data in pivot table(urgent)

I have a table in my oracle database. I just created one table box and added all the coloumns of the database table to that table box. It is showing the data as it should show. But when, i am creating a pivot table and calculatiing some expression on the coloumns of this table and taking fields from other tables as dimensions, the pivot table is not showing anything. Can anyone help me with my problem?

I am attaching the image of the pivot table after applying the dimensions and expressions.

5 Replies
sreenivas
Creator III
Creator III

Check the relation between the tables if they are not joined on the dimension you are using in the expression

swuehl
MVP
MVP

It's almost impossible to say why you don't see your data correctly.

You need to tell us which dimensions you are using, how your expression look like in detail, how the fields used in dimension and expressions are linked in your data model.

For example, are you using aggregation functions in your script or just the field names? Could be that you don't get results if your expression does not evaluate to an unambiguous value.

Not applicable
Author

I think that is not the case if i am giving any of the fields from the other tables a s dimensions, the same problem still occurs.

Not applicable
Author

sweuhl, i am using expression at the front end, in script i have only loaded the data. And one more thing, if i am trying to take the dimensions and expressions both from the same table, then it is showing the data. So, i think the expressions are correct.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Sorry, I don't wanted to write "using aggregation functions in your script", but expressions instead.

Anyway, I think you need to give some more details, I don't really like guessing:

-dimensions

-expressions

-data model

Could be best and easiest to post a small sample file.