Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

previous cells

Hello

i am attaching an excel sheet and qvw and required help on calcuating on these in qlikview

please require your help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Something like this?

Capture.PNG

Expression:

If(GARAGE = Above(GARAGE), (([YTD 2014 VS 2015]/Above([YTD 2014 VS 2015]) * 100) - 100), 0)

Where [YTD 2014 VS 2015] is the column label for the second last column (it is turned blue when you check the expression)

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

any suggestions?

marcus_sommer

With inter-record functions like above/below/before/after could you access the rows/columns around a cell and to reference them per column() or their label might be also helpful. But in your case with several different metrics you will need for each column an own expression with set analysis conditions and by calculation like previous year against the current year you need both expressions in one, like:

sum({< Year = {2014}>} value) / sum({< Year = {2015}>} value)

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Marcus

if possible could you please share me the app?

marcus_sommer

Currently I have only the PE available and have only looked at the excel-file.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

ok thanks never mind Marcus

but its not giving me the results in qv

marcus_sommer

Yes, it couldn't work if you used the expression directly - they was derived generic. You need to adjust it to your datamodel and the real field-names - it seems that you used a combined field from years and a category which results in FW 2014, TV 2015 .... and I have no idea how your datamodel looks like.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks again Marcus

i 've given the original fields but didnt turn up as per the requirement:(

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

any help?

sunny_talwar

Something like this?

Capture.PNG

Expression:

If(GARAGE = Above(GARAGE), (([YTD 2014 VS 2015]/Above([YTD 2014 VS 2015]) * 100) - 100), 0)

Where [YTD 2014 VS 2015] is the column label for the second last column (it is turned blue when you check the expression)