Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

prj folder doesn't enable to save new versions of QVW file

i have made changes in the QVW file, reloaded it, saved it, and yet when opened it again it returned to its previous state.

i also tried making a copy of the QVW, create a prj folder for the copy, make the changes on the copy, save it, then, after the xml files of the copied QVW were created, i copied them to the original QVW's folder. it didn't work either- the original QVW stayed as it was before the changes.

3 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

When you make changes to a qvw, and then save it, do you see file timestamps being updated in the prj folder?

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Hi

We have the same problem. But it happens only time to time. The problem is in such a case that the xmls don't get updated. We haven't found so far a pattern when this happens. I tried to reproduce it with an empty document with an inline load: so far no luck

We do have SR8 installed. We do use section access. We do commit the -prj folder to a SVN directory manually with Tortoise SVN client.

This is really tragic as we are never sure if all changes where saved. Mainly we experienced with changes in the script. If we don't get any ideas I will raise a bug report as parts in our section access where missing because of his problem.

Any idea is welcome.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Try this, it solved it for me

Re: Troubles with the -prj-folder

You should go to the containers you have first

If you have too many, try removing sheets until you can save, in order to identify which one has the problem.

Then go object by object to see if it has reference to unexisting objects.

Cheers