Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chinnu123
Creator
Creator

problem of synthetickey

Hi,

I am facing one issue regarding a synthetic key.In my dashboard having 4 bar chart objects. With 3 selection objects.

My issue is when i am select any of the bar in the one object the remaining objects are also changing.so can any one look in to it and give me a solution please.

Note:The 3 selection objects are mandatory for the dashboard.

here i am adding sample qvw which I had done with sample data may it will helps you to more understand

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can use the scope operator to mix states in set analysis:

COUNT({<[support manager] = $::[support manager], [group manager]=$::[group manager],group=$::group>} Incidents)

[Set the chart to alternate state AS1]

See attached sample

View solution in original post

7 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not sure if you are mixing up two subjects in your request:

a) synthetic key

Your two tables are linked by three common fields

This is not necessarily a bad thing

See for example Synthetic Keys

b) associative data model

If you make selections in one field, other fields may get filtered (to possible values) as well

This is standard QV behaviour

chinnu123
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi swuehl,

But when I am selecting one bar graph in one object the other bar graph chart is also changing. Is there any solution please

Thanks & Regards,

Chinnu.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

As I said, this is QV standard behaviour, since your two tables are linked by common fields.

If you want to keep your two tables unlinked, use for example

QUALIFY *;

in your script before you are loading the two tables (or just rename the three linking fields in on of the tables using AS).

Not applicable

The Basic Qlikview behavior is interact with your selections.

If you want to discard your selections on one of the  Bar chart, then use the SET Analysis to ignore current selections or specific field selections.

MarcoWedel

‌another option for selection independent charts would be alternate states.

regards

Marco

chinnu123
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Marco,

I also tried alternative states but only the problem is if I do that the drop down selections is not working.

regards,

Chinnu

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can use the scope operator to mix states in set analysis:

COUNT({<[support manager] = $::[support manager], [group manager]=$::[group manager],group=$::group>} Incidents)

[Set the chart to alternate state AS1]

See attached sample