Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

qlikview: please help me to display all lines of data in line graph based on year

Hi All,

I am new to qlikview and using QV 11 licensed version. I have attached my excel file and qvw file.

I have done some extend as per the requirement but stuck up showing all the lines based on year.

What i would like to show is all the lines of data for all the year in the graph by default (especially when we 'clear all' or open the document).

The graph is going blank when i try to select more than one year.

Is there any group by needed while loading the excel file ?

Your help is really appreciated.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Change your Line of Business dimension to =[Line of Business] & ' - ' & [Incurred Year]

(or to =[Incurred Year] & ' - ' & [Line of Business])

Then you can uncheck the Always One Selected Value in your Incurred Year listbox. You could also add an Clear Field action to the OnOpen document trigger to clear the Incurred Year field when the document is opened.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Change your Line of Business dimension to =[Line of Business] & ' - ' & [Incurred Year]

(or to =[Incurred Year] & ' - ' & [Line of Business])

Then you can uncheck the Always One Selected Value in your Incurred Year listbox. You could also add an Clear Field action to the OnOpen document trigger to clear the Incurred Year field when the document is opened.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Wow,

Thanks Gysbert. Its working exactly as per my requirement.

One more help is to show legend field.

Currently its showing 'in-patient - 2009, Out-Patient-2009, ...In-Patient-20010 etc'

I would like to show only distinct of Line of business without year. So it should look like below.

In-Patient

Out-Patient

Pharma

Professional

When i select In-Patient alone, it should show the line for all the year corresponing to 'In-patient'

Once again thanks for your effort to look into this.