Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

qvw keeps failing in QMC

Hi,

Lets see if anyone has some input on this one. I have scheduled a reload of 3 qvw's every morning. Two of them keeps on failing at scheduled time, where as one works fine. The error message I get is in the log file:

Error: SQL##f - SqlState: 08001, ErrorCode: 17, ErrorMsg: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][TCP/IP Sockets]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

Thing is that I can reload the qvw manually from the QMC by clicking the playbutton and it will always run succesfully.

See.

I can't get my head around I have updated the ODBC connection they all run 64bit no one i forcing 32 bits.

2 Replies
Colin-Albert

Are you connecting to the SQL server using a SQL account or windows authentication?

If windows authentication, does the QlikView Distribution Service account user have permissions to the SQL database?

Is the SQL server local or remote? If remote is there a timeout when trying to connect.

Are the reloads all running at the same time? Can you set them to run sequentially?

Not applicable
Author

I am remoting to a computer that is running qlikview server. Thing is that some of them work and soem deosnt so I cant find a distinct problem if you understand what I mean..