remove multiple items from field

I have table like below.

Student

John

Cline

Viennesa

Ivan

Mike

I want to create a button to exclude John & Mike from selection once Button is pressed. How can i achieve this.

Thanks

15 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Oops ok Got it. You want to see who are the possible Teachers for the selected student when button is clicked.

Just add another action Select Possible and add field Teacher. Like below?

Capture.PNG

userid128223
Creator
Creator
Author

For some reason my in field selection for my actual project is not working. But i tried on my example project and it works fine.

Could it be because the search filed might have spaces.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Could be possible. So use like trim(yourfieldname)  in the script to get the field values without spaces.

What are your actual values look like can you screenshot here?

userid128223
Creator
Creator
Author

could you explain what is happening in below formula

= '(' & Concat({< Student -= {'John', 'Mike'} >}Student, '|') & ')'

I understand that studen not equal t John & Mike. But what is the purpose of Concat

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Concat picks up multiple values so in this case it will pick student names other than John and Mike. Like Cline, Ivan and Venessa. So in a button action selection string this is how you will with hardcoded like

(Cline|Ivan|Vanessa) So with concat this is exactly what the concat picking like

(Cline|Ivan|Vanessa). hope this helps.

syedmazhar
Contributor III
Contributor III

If the values are more then 1000 then what could be the expression.And in my case i have some 400 values to exclude out of 1000 values from a dimension when i tap on exclude button. Please help me with the steps and expression.

Thanks in advance.